Thursday, May 13, 2010

Indian-designed Data Link for P8I of Boeing for the Indian Navy

BEL has begun supplying communication technology to Boeing to install in P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine ac it is building for the Indian Navy.

BEL delivered the Indian-designed Data Link II, a communications system that will enable exchange of tactical data and messages among Indian Navy aircraft, ships and shore establishments. Boeing will install the system on P-8I at its facility in Renton, Wash.

India inked the $2.1 billion deal with Boeing for eight customized P-8A Maritime Multi-Mission Aircraft, designated P-8I, in January 2009. India will get its first P-8I in late of 2012 or early 2013, with delivery of the remaining seven aircraft expected by 2015 -16. India is the first international customer for the P-8 aircraft.


Svipja Technologies
Credit: DefenseNews

No comments:

Post a Comment